In more than a dozen ayahs in the Qur’an, Allah tells us to travel throughout the earth, observing His creation so we understand how things began, and observing sites so we see how those who came before us met their ends. Allah also says in Surah Hujurat that He has created us into different nations and peoples so that we can know one another.
Qalam is very excited to announce its newest initiative, the Knowledge Tour! Spend a week as part of an exclusive group, learning and exploring one of the holiest lands on earth, in the company of Shaykh AbdulNasir Jangda. Seats will be very limited and confirmed on a first-come first-serve basis.
Departure October 6 , 2017 - Return October 14, 2017
Jerusalem Tour Itinerary
- Program Features
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
What this trip includes:
- Hotel accommodations per person for seven nights at Golden Walls hotel in Jerusalem
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for each day in Jerusalem
- Private transfers in air-conditioned bus per itinerary
- English speaking escort upon arrival & departure at airport
- Entry fees for sites mentioned in the program
What this trip does not include:
- Tips for guides, drivers, restaurant, etc.
- All items of a personal nature (telephone calls, laundry, room service, etc.)
- Meals other than specified above
- Travel Insurance
- Portage at airport, border & hotels
- Any items not mentioned as included above
Day 1: Arrival Ben Gurion Airport – Jerusalem
- Bismillah. We will arrive in the historic and holy city of Jerusalem at night. Upon arriving at your hotel, rest, recuperate, and get energized for a week-long enlightening spiritual journey connecting to our Prophetic heritage!
Day 2: Jerusalem City Tour
- During the first full day in Jerusalem, we will tour the Old City beginning with Masjid al-Aqsa, the third holiest masjid in the world, where every Prophet prayed. We will experience walking in the footsteps of many Prophets and Muslim leaders, such as Umar ibn Al-Khattab (RA) and Salahuddin Ayyubi, as we explore the Al-Aqsa complex stopping at the Dome of the Rock, Masjid Al-Qibli, Masjid Omar, and Masjid Buraq all while hearing the story of Isra and Mi’raj. We will continue the tour of Jerusalem with a visit to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where it is believed Isa (AS) was raised, and conclude at Kotel, the Western Wall.
Day 3: Nazareth Tour
- Day 2 is complete and we are ready to continue exploring this blessed city with your Qalam family! Today’s tour will cover significant sites north of Jerusalem in Nazareth, An-Nasira, the city Isa (AS) grew up in. We will visit the Basilica of the Annunciation and the Well of Maryam (AS). Then we will enjoy a breathtaking view of the Sea of Galilee from Jabal al Tur (Mount Tabor) known as the Mount of Olives, where the tombs of Rābia al-Adawiyya al-Qaysiyya and the Sahabi Salman Al-Farsi lay. Upon our return to Jerusalem, the group will conclude the day with the second book study and a Q & A session with Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda and Ustadh Abdelrahman Murphy.
Day 4: Bethlehem Tour
- Day 4 is packed with incredible exploration! We will start off visiting Bethlehem, home of the birthplace of Isa (AS) (Beyt Al Rahim), the Church of the Nativity. In the Manger Square, we will pray where the second Khalifa prayed after conquering Palestine, Masjid Umar, the oldest and only masjid in Bethlehem currently. While in the West Bank we will also visit the The Walled Off Hotel, which sits adjacent to the wall separating the West Bank from other parts of Palestine and has become a center of political artistic expression. We will end with an eye and heart-opening visit to the Ayda Refugee Camp where over 5,000 refugees from the Jerusalem and Hebron areas live.
Day 5: Hebron Tour
- Today, we will have the chance to experience two sides of the same street (H1 and H2), to see both the Palestinian and Israeli perspective of Hebron. Hebron, also known as Al-Khalil, was a place significant for the Prophet known as the Friend of Allah. Learn about the legacy Ibrahim (AS) left as we tour the Ibrahmi Mosque and visit Al-Weqiyah, an area known for its special protection from Allah.
Day 6: Jericho and Jerusalem Tour
- Today we will travel through the Judean desert to the ancient city of Jericho, stopping at the Mount of Temptation, also known as Jabal al-Qarantal. We will then return to Jerusalem to visit the City of David (or Wadi Hilweh) followed by a tour of the underground Tunnels of Jerusalem that run the full length of the Western Wall. These tours will lead to serious reflections and a learning experience like no other, and you will be with teachers well-equipped to guide you on this remarkable spiritual journey.
Day 7: Jumua in Jerusalem
- In your last full day in Jerusalem, enjoy Jumua prayers at Masjid Al-Aqsa after all you’ve learned of the blessings of this land. After Jumua, shop until you drop and take in your last spectacular panoramic views over the Old City before closing study sessions and reflections!
Day 8: Yafo and Departure
- Upon departing, we will drive through Tel Aviv and get a fantastic overlook of the buzzing city center before we continue to the southern and oldest part of Tel Aviv- Yafo. After a week of unforgettable memory-making, it’s time to return home. Once you are home safe, we highly recommend you start planning for your next trip with Qalam and DST!