The Best of Turkey
This tour of Turkey takes you from scenic beaches to the bustle of its cities. While navigating the crossroads of continents, you will be in awe of the beauty that Turkey has to offer.
Best of Turkey Land Only
Departing - July 21, 2016
Spiritual & Historic Tour
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
Few other cities in the world blend the history and cultures of east and west without stepping out of character. Today you step off the plane and into the tapestry that is Istanbul. Revel in the moment. Upon your arrival you will find friendly DST representative awaiting to chauffer you to your hotel. Freshen up and hit the town or relax and recoup from your travels…you are after all…on vacation. There are no formally planned excursions on arrival day, so feel free to explore and wander the streets of Istanbul…the city of two continents.
TOPKAPI PALACE – AYA SOPHIA – BLUE MOSQUE
Let’s hit the sites! Today is your day to capture memories in every single landmark Istanbul visitors come to brag about. The city itself is modern and classic; from electric cable cars to cobble stone streets Istanbul is a place like no other. Among the most unique characteristics of the city you will see a skyline of domes and minarets. The city itself sits on the Bosphorus creating a majestic scene of lush rolling city hills tapering off to the edge of the sea. The tour itself includes highlights of the Islamic Heritage of the city with sites such as the Topkapi Palace (Topkapi Sarayi) – the residence of Ottoman sultans for almost four centuries and the Aya Sopia – the legacy of both the Byzantine and the Ottoman Empires.
Enjoy a half-day tour cruise on the Bosphorus. The Bosporus or Bosphorus, known as the Istanbul Strait, is a strait that divides the European part (Rumelia) of Turkey with its Asian part (Anatolia). However, the Bosporus is so much more than just a body of water separating two land masses! Throughout history it has been coveted for its strategic location – attracting some of the world’s most interesting cultures to lay claim to the beautiful shores. One of the best ways to take in these amazing historic offerings is by boat.
ISTANBUL – BURSA
After 3 nights in iconic Istanbul DST will take you to Bursa. A little over 200km from Istanbul Bursa is much less metropolitan and will give you your first glimpse of life outside the big city. Before heading to our hotel in Bursa we will stop by the Covered Market to enjoy some silk shopping.
Bursa boasts historically impressive Ottoman sites such as the Ulu Cami (the largest mosque in Basra also known as the Grand Mosque) and the Green Mosque. The Green Mosque is said to be one of the best examples of wood and marble craftsmanship and calligraphy in all of Anatolia. After a half day of sightseeing you will spend the remaining day discovering bursa at your own leisure.
BURSA – AKCAKOCA
Today we say goodbye to bursa as we head to Akcakoca, which offers visitors many options like hiking trails, rafting, caving, culture, sea and gastronomical tours. It is also home to the Genoese Castle, which is on UNESCO’s Temporary World Heritage List. Check in to your hotel upon arrival and the afternoon is yours to enjoy.
Today we take a drive to the Masukiye waterfalls and Sapanca Lake. Enjoy a full-day scenic tour to discover the picturesque landscape.
Go for a walk around the lake, located between the Gulf of İzmit and the Adapazarı Meadow. Surrounded by mountains, dwellers, offering peace and quiet in natural beauty.
AKCAKOCA – ISTANBUL
The morning is yours to enjoy Akcakoca before we head back to Istanbul.
DISCOVER ISTANBUL YOUR WAY
Today is a free day to discover Istanbul on your own
ISTANBUL – HOME
After a week of unforgettable memory making its time to return home. DST will arrange for your trip to the airport. Once safely home we highly recommend you start planning for your next Getaway with DST!
- Meet and Assist by DST representatives in Istanbul Airport upon arrival and departure.
- Bus transportation from Istanbul Airport to Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel including luggage transfers.
- 2 Full day tours in Istanbul visiting the historic sites including transportation and knowledgeable English speaking guides.Check-in assistance by our representatives in hotels.
- Daily Meeting space booked in Otel Akcakoca Hotel for the program including Tea and Coffee.
- Bus transportation from Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel to Almira Bursa Hotel.
- Bus transportation from Sheraton Bursa Hotel to Sky Tower Hotel.
- Bus transportation from Otel Akcakoca Hotel to Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel.
- 24 Hour assistance from on the ground DST representatives.
- Bus transportation from Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel to Istanbul Airport at the end of the trip.
- Daily open buffet Breakfast with a wide selection of international foods.
- Daily open buffet Dinner with a wide selection of international foods (Sky Tower Hotel).